What is DIAD-ICPC:
DIAD International Case Presentation Competition – ICPC is a unique feature of DIAD-DIAL conference, where dermatologists, dermatopathologists and pathologists, whether junior or senior, can submit challenging cases in front of experts.
Each participant can present up to 2 cases, provided that the duration for each case should not exceed 4 minutes, also you may present cases that has already been published or presented in other meetings.
It is preferable to present both clinical and histological slides. However, you may only present the slides with info about the clinical data.
To participate, you may fill up the below form and submit your case. Only few lines of abstract will be required to elaborate on the case. The full presentation is not needed.
Privileges of participation:
- Complimentary registration – if your case is accepted
- Certificate of appreciation
- Chance for being the “Winner” of DIAD-ICPC
- CME Certificate
- Access to the exhibition and invitation for daily lunch and coffee breaks
There will be an evaluating committee comprised of expert faculty. The followings are the 4 points up on which the presented case is scored:
- Quality of the presented case:
- Peculiarity of the case (common / ordinary /challenging/interesting)
- Up to date / evidence based scientific data
- Good quality and representative photos
- Format of PowerPoint slides preparation:
- Proper design/colors/layout
- Easy to read fonts
- Proper/limited use of animations
- Style of the speaker:
- Confident / comfortable
- Good eye contact
- Clear voice and proper rate of flow (not too fast or too slow)
- Discussing points versus merely reading the bullets
- Keeping on time
Guidelines for case submissions
- The structure of the abstract should be as follows:
Background and Purpose
Please note that a maximum of 300 words is permitted.
Abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee within 2 weeks of submission, and you will be notified once accepted.
The scientific committee will accept cases/abstracts based on their relevance and quality, structure, content, and degree of innovation.
Submission Terms & Conditions
By submitting the abstract, the author confirms and agrees to the following:
- All presenters approve submitting this work for presentation
- The presenter has done the work reported in the abstract and take full responsibility for the contents
- The presenter transfers all copyright ownership of the abstract to DIAD-DIAL
- The presenter agrees to confine their presentation to information in the abstract
- At least one presenter will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program
- The presenter will immediately notify the Scientific Committee if they are unable to make a presentation or if the presenting author must be changed
- The presenter guarantee that clinical studies and any animal tests have proceeded with the official permission from the proper authorities