International Case Presentation Competition – ICPC is a unique feature of DIAD-DIAL conference, where dermatologists, dermatopathologists, and pathologists, whether junior or senior, can submit challenging cases in front of experts.
Each participant can present up to 2 cases, provided that the duration for each case should not exceed 4 minutes, also you may present cases that has already been published or presented in other meetings.
It is preferable to present both clinical and histological slides. However, you may only present the slides with info about the clinical data.
To participate, you may fill up the below form and submit your case. Only few lines of abstract will be required to elaborate on the case. The full presentation is not needed.
Privileges of participation
- Subsidized registration fee – if your case is accepted.
- Prizes for the top 3 winners of ICPC
- Certificate of appreciation
- CME certificate
- Access to the exhibition and invitation for daily lunch and coffee breaks
There will be an evaluating committee comprised of expert faculty. The followings are the 4 points up on which the presented case is scored:
- Quality of the presented case:
- Peculiarity of the case (common / ordinary /challenging/interesting)
- Up to date / evidence based scientific data
- Good quality and representative photos
- Format of PowerPoint slides preparation:
- Proper design/colors/layout
- Easy to read fonts
- Proper/limited use of animations
- Style of the speaker:
- Confident / comfortable
- Clear voice and proper rate of flow (not too fast or too slow)
- Discussing points versus merely reading the bullets
- Keeping on time
Guidelines for case submissions
The structure of the case should be as follows:
- Clinical history
- Diagnosis Conclusions (diagnosis-treatment-message)
Please note that a maximum of 300 words is permitted.
Cases will be reviewed by the scientific committee within 2 weeks of submission, and you will be notified once accepted. The scientific committee will accept cases based on their relevance and quality, structure, content, and degree of innovation.